I Wouldn't Miss It For The World
"I wouldn't miss it for the world."
"I am very happy / excited to be here." /
"I am very much looking forward to an event."
People use this expression when someone welcomes them
at events, or in response to invitations to future events.
Akiko: "Thanks for coming to my party!”
James: "Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world!"
1. This expression is often used without "I."
2. This expression is sometimes used with "we," but rarely with any other subject.
3. Literature Reference: Author David H. Hendrickson uses this expression in a 2017 short story for Fiction River, "Death in the Serengeti," to describe the protagonists' plans for revenge:
"After a time, Makinda turned to Chi and hollered, 'You up for a visit to Brayson's house?'
Chi nodded. 'Wouldn't miss it for the world.'"
4. Media Reference #1: Journalist Zachary Woolfe uses this expression in a November 2nd, 2012 article for The New York Times, entitled "A Force of Nature Descends on the Met," to describe a music director's interest in attending an event at the Met: "But any uncertainty about that will not keep him from the Met on Thursday, a major date in the recent history of American opera. 'I wouldn’t miss it for the world,' he said." (https://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/04/arts/music/david-aldens-un-ballo-in-maschera-at-the-met.html)
5. Media Reference #2: Journalist Bill Kurtis uses this expression in the September 8th, 2012 installment of the NPR gameshow "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!" to express his pleasure at participating: "I wouldn't miss it for the world. Thanks. I want to represent and channel Carl Kasell, who is on a cruise, as we speak." (https://www.npr.org/2012/09/08/160781206/whos-bill-this-time) (At 49 seconds into the broadcast.)
6. Media Reference #3: Kim Sullivan's character of "Nolan" uses this expression in season 6, episode 13 of the television series The Blacklist ("Robert Vesco") in response to being welcomed to a party: "Wouldn't miss it for the world." (At 26 seconds into the episode. Originally aired March 29th, 2019.)